This weekend is the annual activation weekend for the Keith Roget Memorial National Parks Award (KRMNPA). As it turns out there is also a VK Spring Summits on the Air (SOTA) Party being held this weekend as well.
So this is a fantastic opportunity to work a stack of parks that qualify for KRMNPA and the World Wide Flora Fauna (WWFF) program, and SOTA summits.
I will be heading off to Victoria tomorrow morning and here is my itinerary…..
Friday 14th November, 2014
4 x South Australian Conservation Parks.
- Poonthie Ruwe Conservation Park (2100 UTC Thursday, 7.30 a.m. SA local time Friday morning)
- Kelvin Powrie Conservation Park (2330 UTC Thursday, 10.00 a.m. local time)
- Desert Camp Conservation Park (0100 UTC)
- Lower Glenelg River Conservation Park (0430 UTC)
Saturday 15th November 2014
2 x Victorian National Parks (qualify for both KRMNPA & WWFF) & 1 x VK3 SOTA peak
- Lower Glenelg National Park, VKFF-296 (2200 UTC Sunday, 9.00 a.m. Victorian local time Saturday morning)
- Cobbobonee National Park, VKFF-728 (0200 UTC)
- Mount Clay, VK3/ VS-051(0700 UTC). Concides with the proposed VK/Europe SOTA activation day
Sunday 16th November 2014
1 x VK3 SOTA peak, & 2 x Victorian National Parks (qualify for both KRMNPA & WWFF)
- Mount Napier, VK3/ VS-046 (2300 hrs UTC Saturday, 10.00 a.m. Victorian local time)
- Mount Eccles National Park, VKFF-345 (0200 UTC)
- Mount Richmond National Park, VKFF-361 (0700 UTC)
Monday 17th November 2014
2 x VK3 SOTA peaks & 2 x Victorian National Parks (both qualify for KRMNPA & WWFF)
- Mount Rouse, VK3/ VS-048 (2100 UTC Sunday, 8.00 a.m. Victorian local time Monday morning)
- Mount Dundas, VK3/ VS-045 (0000 UTC)
- Grampians National Park, VKFF-213 (0200 UTC)
- Little Desert National Park, VKFF-291 (0400 UTC)
Hope to get you in the log.