Next in the log on 12th November 2021 was Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) Sarawak on 9835 kHz broadcasting in the Malay language.
This was a new station for me.
Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), also known as the Department of Broadcasting, Malaysia, is the national public broadcaster of Malaysia. It was established on the 1st day of April 1946 as Radio Malaya. It is the first and the oldest radio broadcaster in Malaysia.
Radio Malaya was re-named Radio Malaysia on the 16th day of September 1963, when Malaysia was formed. In 1969 Radio Malaysia and Televisyen Malaysia merged to form the present-day broadcast department. Today RTM operates 6 television channels and 34 radio stations.
The overall reception of RTM Sarawak was poor. There was severe interference on the frequency from the Voice of the Islamic Republic of Iran. There was also some interference (bleed-over) from the Voice of America on 9825 kHz broadcasting in the Chinese language.
Below is a video showing my reception of RTM Sarawak.
- Facebook, 2021, <https://www.facebook.com/RTM.Sarawak/>, viewed 15th November 2021
- RTM, 2021, <https://www.rtm.gov.my/>, viewed 15th November 2021
- Short-Wave Info, 2021, <https://www.short-wave.info/>, viewed 15th November 2021
- Wikipedia, 2021, <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Televisyen_Malaysia>, viewed 15th November 2021
- World Radio TV Handbook, 2021