Yesterday I activated a total of 11 silos for the Silos On The AIr (SiOTA) program.
As I had a 500 km round trip, most of the activations were ‘quick’.
I headed to my local silo at nearby Strathalbyn, and then to Monarto, Murray Bridge & Tailem Bend. I then headed east on the Mallee Highway to the VK3/VK5 State border and then turned around and headed home.
I made a total of 183 QSOs on 20, 40, & 80m SSB into VK1, VK2, VK3, VK4, VK5, VK6, VK7, & ZL.
Below are the silos I activated:-
- Strathalbyn VK-STN5 – 9 QSOs.
- Monarto South VK-MNH5 – 19 QSOs.
- Murray Bridge VK-MRE5 – 11 QSOs.
- Tailem Bend VK-WRN5 – 12 QSOs.
- Peake VK-PKE5 – 22 QSOs.
- Jabuk VK-JBK5 – 17 QSOs.
- Geranium VK-GRM5 – 33 QSOs.
- Lameroo VK-LMO5 – 16 QSOs.
- Parilla VK-PRA5 – 17 QSOs.
- Pinnaroo VK-PNO5 – 19 QSOs.
- Quarantine (Pinnaroo) VK-QRE5 – 8 QSOs.
I will slowly start adding my QSOs to the SiOTA database.
Thanks to everyone who called. It was a great day out. Many of these little towns have a lot of history, so other than activating there was quite a bit of ‘sightseeing’.